Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Youthful tribute to Michael Jackson

The king of pop's audience was widespread. Michael Jackson’s music touched millions across the globe and brought generations together.
They know his songs and they've learned his moves. The children we spoke with today weren’t even alive when the music came out yet the king of pop has been a part of their lives.
Eleven-year-old John McCullough said, “When I was little I used to take off my shoes and have my socks and go on the kitchen floor and just act like I’m doing the moonwalk."
This is perhaps an example of the timelessness of Michael Jackson’s music and his personal impact.
Rarizy Johnson, 11, wants to be a dancer. “He taught us a whole bunch of styles of dance and music and everybody loves Michael Jackson."
These are members of the Miss Sweet Potato Pie Dance Troop. The Dance Studio and the Metro YMCA joined forces to present a tribute to Jackson and it wasn't just for the kids.
Cheffan Hagins said, “To me and the rest of the school Michael Jackson was the foundation of dance, I grew up watching Michael Jackson, everyone wanted to be Michael Jackson."
At their tender ages, these young people are touched by Jackson’s death. Andrew Kirkland, also 11, said, “He was always my idol of dances I always watch him and I learn from what he do. No one can beat Michael Jackson, no one."
The dancers are known as the Soul Food Babies. They range in ages nine to 17 and perform with children's entertainer Miss Sweet Potato Pie.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive

Search This Blog